Thursday 20 February 2014

Several Quick Reviews

Yet again my Internet is not working on my not so good laptop, therefore I am very behind on reviews lately. I managed to "borrow" (aka hijack) my Dad's computer so I am going to quickly tell you what I've been reading and some quick thoughts on the books.

  1. Silence by Natasha Preston: I loved this book so so so much especially since it was FREE on Amazon Kindle(and still is btw here's the link). This was unbelievable, the development of the romance between Oakley and Cole, without any speech between the characters, was so well done. Keep in mind that this book does deal with sensitive issues so be aware of that going into it. Amazing book, 5 stars READ IT NOW!
  2. Broken Silence by Natasha Preston: This is the sequel to Silence, in my opinion it isn't quite as goo but it's still deserves 5 stars. It deals with some of the affects of the situation Oakley found herself in at the end of Silence. I know that's really vague but I don't want to give anything away in this series it's just too good!
  3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: You have no idea how annoyed I was that I couldn't do a full review upon finishing this book. I can't go into too much detail because I'll miss things out that I want to say and I just won't be able to do a review good enough to do this book justice. Just know this, this has joined the incredibly short list of books that actually made me cry. That says a lot in itself. Believe all the hype around this book it is truly as good as everyone says if not better.
  4. Shattered Promises by Jessica Sorersen: I read this book on a whim at one in the morning. It was very good however, I think the author should have spent more time building the world rather than having the main characters having heavy make out sessions every five minutes. Despite this it was good and I will continue on with the series. I am also going to read Fallen Star which, from what I can gather, is a Y/A version of the same story. I may do a comparison of the two and then continue whichever series I prefer. But I'll keep you posted
  5. The Madness by Alison Rattle: Talk about a tragic story. This was really good but so tragic at the same time. I have written a full review for lovereading.co.uk which should be published early March just ahead of publication so go over there if you want my and others views on this book.

That's me all caught up, you can see my Goodreads page (linked on the sidebar) for star ratings of these books and you can keep up with what I'm reading. Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment