Saturday 28 December 2013

News for the New Year!

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! I know I slacked  off this month but I think you all understand why. I had a very peaceful Christmas and had a lot of fun but I did also read quite a bit! So there should be reviews coming up soon.

Now onto the news! I did not receive any books for Christmas but I luckily did get some money so I'll be buying books soon so I may do a book haul. However, I may save my money for a while because I realised I own so many books that I haven't read and my Dad has a full bookshelf filled with classics, therefore I came up with an idea which I am very excited about! I plan to read at least one classic every month in 2014. I don't really read classics and I think I've only read a couple so I am excited to branch out of my comfort zone.

I am not sure what classic I will start with, I have a couple in mind but I am not sure so if you have read these let me know which to read first please I would appreciate your input.

  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 
  • Sherlock Holmes by Aurther Conan Doyle
  • Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  • Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery
  • The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
If you could help me that would be fabulous. Also I am aware that these are not extremely challenging reads as 3 of them are actually Children's Classics but I am easing myself in to don't judge me. Also if there are classics I haven't mentioned that you think I should read let me know the usual ways; e-mail, twitter, tumblr  all of which can be found on my "Other Places to find me" page or you can comment below.

Enjoy the rest of 2013 and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment