Wednesday 4 December 2013

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith


"Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it. "


This is such a cute book. It is the perfect light, easy read for if you are in a reading slump or, like me, if you're coming out of a series. I am still smiling. It is such a feel good book.
I love how much was packed into the time period of a mere 24 hours. Now I do not believe in the whole "love at first sight" premise. But it didn't matter I still loved the book.
This was such a sweet book. Although it is not the greatest piece of literature ever written, the story is sweet and simple.
It's a perfect light read that you can fly through. I found myself smiling reading the book. The story just kept getting better as you went on. And it was not as cheesy as I was expecting.
By the end I was squealing with happiness. I loved Oliver so much, Hadley bugged me at times especially at how she acted with her dad. I understood her reasons but I still thought it was harsh. And Oliver I almost cried when I learnt about him I won't spoil it but it made me love him more. Also did anyone else love the wee old woman they sat beside? 

Is it predictable? A little. 
Did it surprise me at times? Yes.
Did I like it? I loved it.
Would I recommend it? Definitely! It is a perfect easy feel good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment