Monday 27 January 2014

Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith



This has something for everyone; sci-fi, apocalyptic aspects, LGBT aspects, humour and so much more. I feel as though any fan of Micheal Grant or David Levithan would love this book!

This book was really original, I've never read anything like it. Even though I liked it I get the feeling that this book is like marmite in that you'll either love it or hate it.

The narrative is interesting in that among the main action we often switch to other side aspects of the story which come to affect later. This did confuse me at first but after a couple chapters you forget the unusual story telling.

This book was really funny as Austin is sarcastic and you end up developing inside jokes. I also loved how Austin was very blunt nothing was sugar coated and he said everything that was on his mind.

Also, being the nerd I am, I loved the history elements throughout where we learn more about his family and relationships with Shann and Robby.

Overall I would say that no matter what this book is worth looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment