Sunday 24 November 2013

Book Discussion: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare


Apopligies in advance as this will be quite generic and not in as much depth as the other reviews. 




Favourite Parts

When Luke explains colours for weddings: Luke: “Brides wear white to symbolize their purity.”                   Simon: “I thought Jocelyn’s said her dress wasn't white.” Jace: “Well, I suppose that ship has sailed.”
The Mango Scene
Jace and Clary in the alley after Simon’s gig
When Jace runs to Clary in the infirmary after she was attacked and their whole interaction
When Clary and Jace are left alone after the battle with Lilith 

Discussion

   Jace annoyed me I just willed him to tell Clary about the dreams he was having instead he kept running away from her! I loved when Jace finally told Clary what was wrong with him. I loved going to see the Silent Brothers again because I honestly love them so much. 

    I loved Simon in this book I really did he was one of my favourite characters. Also my wee Simon was a player! Two girls at once and a groupie! I loved how much Simon changed an how he's no longer the geeky side kick to Clary. He has finally come into his own and is bad ass! That Mark of Cain can do some freaky stuff, I loved how he killed Lilith with the Mark it was such quick thinking but if I'm being honest I kept forgetting Simon had the Mark so I kept panicking when he was getting attacked.I felt so bad for Simon because he went through a lot of crap in this book: his Mum won't speak to him because he's a monster, he lost both his girlfriends and he turned the groupie (I forget her name)
   Alec pissed me off so much in this book. Obviously Magnus will have dated other people he's hundreds of years old! I don't understand why he kept getting so jealous it got me really cross.
   I hated Lilith she is probably my least favourite villain because she is insane! I mean everything with the babies that made me want to be sick also she blumin' well possessed Jace that is not on!
    I like Jordon I do I like how he came into the story and how he's protecting Simon I like him in the story he was a good addition.
    One of the main things that annoyed me about this book was how Jace and Clary squandered the time they had together! For the past three books almost they weren't together properly and now they finally are and they spend half of that time fighting and avoiding each other. Granted there were some pretty good kissing scenes and scenes where we really saw them as a couple but I wanted more!

As always let me know your thoughts. Have a great rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment