Wednesday 21 August 2013

Fallen Crest Family Review








"Samantha and Mason are together. Everyone knows it. Not everyone is dealing with it. While Mason’s ready to give them the middle finger, there’s one not going away. Her mother. Threats are issued. Ultimatums are given. Even blackmail is used, but only Samantha can put a stop to Analise. However, when a trauma from her past is triggered, she may not have the courage or strength to do what’s needed. If she doesn’t, Mason’s future could be destroyed."



Ok I feel as if there will be many spoilers but to save any of you the annoyance of spoiling the book I will give you a fair warning. However, if you haven't read the first book in the series there will be spoilers. Now I was very excited for this book if you read me Fallen Crest High review you know that I was just a little bit eager to start. Sadly to say I didn't like this book as much as the first book however I never seem to enjoy the second book in a series as much. Having said that it was a good book filled to the brim with drama! If you could think of a twist this book could take it took it! To finish my none spoiler section this was an incredibly good book however I think I made a bad decision read the two books in the space of a few days because I have to wait until DECEMBER!!!!!!! For the 3rd book which I am incredibly excited for!

*Let the Spoilers Commence*

    So where to begin...... I know how about the crazy person Analise turned into! From the first book I knew she was not nice and a tad psycho but I was not expecting how crazy she turned out to be! I mean banning Sam and Mason from sleeping together, pretty much attacking Sam and Helen, killing her twins, forcing them to move out I mean this woman is mental! I also can't wait to see if this $%£&^ comes through on her promise at the end of this book and will finally just but out! I felt so sorry for Samantha on hearing the story of her finding her Mum when David had left and having to call the ambulance then realizing her Mum killed the children, my heart just broke for her!
   On to Samantha in this book, in my previous review I said I loved her DGAF attitude but that attitude pretty much dissolved in this book and we are left with a broken damaged girl who has been given a lot to deal with in a very short space of time. Again the strong character I loved so much in the first book was gone the majority of this book and of who we only saw a glimmer of at the end!
   Now to my favourite brothers. I was disappointed to find this book less funny than the first and this was mainly up to the fact that Logan was not featured nearly enough for my liking. Also I thought Logan was being a tad petty with the whole Mason and Nate thing and he shouldn't have been as down about it. Now Mason lovely lovely Mason, I liked him so much more in this book which was one thing about this book I loved we didn't see as much of the "sexy macho tough guy" Mason in this book and we were graced with a much more kind, caring, protective and yes sexy Mason who I liked so much more. Sam was going through so much and he was there for her and I loved it!
   Lastly just a few words on Sam's "friends". I felt cheated after saying how fondly I thought of Becky to have her ditch Sam like everyone else because of more £$%^&* advice from Adam. I felt as hurt and betrayed as Sam did. I am not sure what to make of Heather just yet and a part of me wants to see her become Sam's best friend and I would love to see something evolve between her and Logan but I just don't know! I have now clue what's going to happen in the next book which makes me even more excited!

Let me know what you thought and if you made it this far in this post leave the word clueless in the comments. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment