Sunday 18 August 2013

Fallen Crest High by Tijan


"Mason and Logan Kade are two brothers who did their own thing. They were rich and expected to attend her school, Fallen Crest Academy. They chose public school and now Samantha has to live with them. The problem is that she doesn't care at all: about them, about her friends, about her cheating boyfriend, or even about her parent's divorce. But maybe that's a good thing. Maybe change is a good thing."


Oh my goody gracious I love love love this book. I have just finished it and am very excited because I have just bought the next book and am about to start that and I am just on a general high from finishing a book that I found so great! I can feel myself start on the spoilers so I will quickly just say that it was fantastic and Logan is my favourite character and that Tijan should do a spin off just on him (cough cough wink wink) it would be awesome.

*Spoilers Commence Now*


     So to get the one little thing I didn't like out of the way first. What is with Sam going with her soon to be step-brother like ew! I have read so many books were that happens and each time it grosses me out and yes I know they aren't related and it's not incest but it just feels wrong and I can't wrap my head around it. On that line of thought I loved how Logan had this upfront no crap humor the example I immediately thought of was when he tells Mason and Sam to enjoy their incest relations. I think that is the reason I loved Logan so much because he just said what he wanted to, and I found his no BS attitude very refreshing. Also he made me laugh out loud (which did make my family look at me strangely) and I love when books make me laugh. 

    Also I loved that Samantha just didn't care; she didn't care her boyfriend cheated on her and she didn't really care that she lost her friends as a result. Obviously I know that she did have feelings that came tumbling over board at times and anytime she felt overwhelmed by them she ran to forget but her I DGAF attitude made her original and fierce and I loved it. I did think in the beginning that Mason and Samantha's relationship was a bit miss-matched  but towards the end I loved how he took his walls down for her and almost only her. 
    Another note on the non-main characters I loved Becky so much she is just adorable and she feels to me like a girl who maybe is a bit immature but she also reminds me of one of my friends a little bit so I have a soft spot for her. Now we get to Adam! Adam Adam Adam in the begining I was almost rooting for them to get together because he seemed like a nice guy but alas the nice guy turns into an ass yet again! Not only did I get mad at him for stringing Becky along but the *&$% also tried to justify it! And as I said before I have a soft spot for Becky so he really bugged me!

Sorry this was rather ramble-y but I finished it half an hour ago so I am still excited and the story was fresh in my mind. Let me know if you read this series and if you did what you thought of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment