Sunday 18 August 2013

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown



"Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. The only problem is, once you pass through Coldtown’s gates, you can never leave.

One morning, after a perfectly ordinary party, Tana wakes up surrounded by corpses. The only other survivors of this massacre are her exasperatingly endearing ex-boyfriend, infected and on the edge, and a mysterious boy burdened with a terrible secret. Shaken and determined, Tana enters a race against the clock to save the three of them the only way she knows how: by going straight to the wicked, opulent heart of Coldtown itself."



The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is by far the most original vampire book I have read in the longest time. I will be honest after the vampire phenomenon died down I have been bypassing the vampire fiction as all the books I read of that genre were all so similar! I mean after Twilight and the House of Night series etc I felt as though all the stories were just different characters in different settings playing out the same story. However, I am glad to say this is not the case with this book. I love the alternating view points where we learn about whats happening outside of Coldtown, flashbacks and of course Coldtown itself. I loved how Holly Black the world of the novel so similar to our own with the reality tv, blogs and the crazy fans of the "celebrity" vampires and bounty hunters. It made me think that, that would be exactly what would happen. I loved this book so much and I loved the relationship between Gavriel and Tana. Utterly fantastic!
4 stars
What did you think? Let me know in the comments below!


*Disclaimer: This book was sent to me from lovereading.co.uk however all opinions and views are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment